St. Kitts and Nevis has one of the oldest and most respected economic citizenship programs, which is partly the reason it’s a popular choice for investors to look to see if St Kitts does allow dual citizenship. That’s an important question to have answered before taking steps to secure citizenship in St. Kitts.
Before discussing whether or not St Kitts and Nevis allow dual citizenship, it is best to go over the different pathways to citizenship and the advantages St. Kitts’s citizenship program gives to an applicant.
Pathways to Dual Citizenship
To gain citizenship in St. Kitts, you have several options you can explore. Each pathway to being a citizen of St. Kitts and Nevis has its own requirements and timeframes to keep in mind. While some of the ways to gain dual citizenship in St Kitts and Nevis are available to everyone, others have requirements meant to attract investors to benefit the country’s developments and government programs.
1. Citizenship by Descent
2. Citizenship by Marriage
3. Citizenship by Investment
- St. Kitts and Nevis’s citizenship program was started in 1984 and requires any applicants to make a financial contribution to the country in exchange for dual citizenship. Their CBI programme is meant to attract investors to participate in developments, such as luxury resorts, and government programs that benefit the citizenry. For more information on St Kitt’s Citizenship by Investment programme, please explore here.
These are the three main paths to gaining dual citizenship in St. Kitts and Nevis. Each route has its own timetables and requirements that may fit your unique circumstances, but each one does give the same advantages and benefits as a citizen of St. Kitts.
Benefits of St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship
One of the top reasons so many investors look to gain dual citizenship in St. Kitts and Nevis is because of the many advantages they benefit from through it. Once you’ve selected the path to dual citizenship that is best for you, you’ll be able to enjoy benefits such as:
- Visa-free travel to over 140 countries: Having a St Kitts and Nevis passport allows you to visit and do business in countries like the United Kingdom, Russia, China, and the Schengen countries.
- Efficient taxation which gives you an opportunity to grow your wealth.
- Lifetime citizenship for you and your family: You can add your family members into a citizenship application. Once becoming a dual citizen, you can pass citizenship to descendants.
- Full residency status: As a citizen of St. Kitts, you’re entitled to live and work in the country as well as the Caricom countries.
These advantages of citizenship can operate as opportunities to further your goals and provide security against instability in your current home country. Having a St. Kitts passport and dual citizenship has become especially beneficial in recent years, as the COVID-19 pandemic has shown.
How to Get a Nevis Passport and Nevis Citizenship Requirements
Dual citizenship is allowed no matter the pathway to citizenship you take and has no restrictions on dual citizenship for Citizenship by Investment applicants. This path to second citizenship and a Nevis passport is the most efficient way and carries the most advantages. We at Range Developments have extensive experience and knowledge in guiding investors to securing dual citizenship through St. Kitts and Nevis CBI program.
By investing in the government-approved Park Hyatt St. Kitts, you can participate in St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment program and quickly gain dual citizenship for yourself and your family. We invite you to explore our award-winning resort here.
Before beginning the CBI program application, be sure you meet all the requirements to participate in St. Kitts citizenship program:
- Be over 18 years old.
- Undergo a criminal background check.
- Prove your outstanding character.
- Make a qualifying investment by either making a government-approved real estate. investment or make a financial donation to St. Kitts & Nevis’ Sustainable Growth Foundation.
If you can meet these requirements and are excited to pursue the advantages of St. Kitts citizenship for yourself, and your family, we encourage you to speak to one of our Citizenship by Investment consultants.